We are looking for a comics Editor/Producer with both the creative and logistical chops to source and develop compelling original content aimed at our 14-24 audience. The Editor/Producer will be responsible for managing and editing a variety of series sourced from external pitches as well as series elevated to featured from our Discover platform. The Editor/Producer should be able to develop outside the box content concepts, working with a variety of creative talent, and have the chops to manage projects from the concept stage through to execution.
The Editor/Producer knows when to get out of the way and when to step in, and is a talented problem-solver who isn’t easily rattled. The ideal candidate will have experience working with comic creators, strong relationships with writers and artists and other entertainment talent who are developing content for this market, and experience in digital content production.
Candidates MUST have experience producing, sourcing, managing, and editing comics or similar digital content for a variety of genres and day to day experience working with creatives, with professional work available to review. Candidates must have a deep knowledge of and passion for all types of content as well as demonstrate an understanding of current trends on social media and apps that appeal to a youth market.
This position reports to the Head of Content for LINE Webtoon and will work closely with the Webtoon marketing team and other groups across the Webtoon ecosystem. Resumes should include links. This is a full-time position based in our LA office.
- Source, develop, and edit comics targeted towards a 14-24 demographic
- Develop original concepts and produce content that breaks traditional comics formats
- Identify trends in pop culture and develop relevant series that will appeal to a broader, non-comic reading market
- Set deadlines, copy edit, and ensure the overall quality of assigned titles
- Ensure that all paperwork is properly filled out and sent to operations
- Manage creator relationships, maintain series materials (treatments, art files, etc.), and be able to anticipate potential road bumps
- Ensure that any necessary rights and clearances are properly pursued and secured
- Collaborate with other groups within LINE Webtoon including marketing, design, PR, and operations
- Contribute to plans at events such as San Diego Comic Con, New York Comic Con, SXSW, and PAX
- 3- 5 years experience in producing and editing comics or similar content for a top-tier comic publisher or entertainment brand
- BFA or equivalent experience
- A proven track record of working with creatives from pitch through publication
- Demonstrate a keen editorial eye for identifying talent and new series
- Strong interest in and knowledge of popular culture and current trends that appeal to a youth audience
- Must be a highly creative storyteller and understand how to connect with a variety of audiences
- Must have expertise in Photoshop and Illustrator
- An understanding of legal agreements and best practices for both creator-owned and WFH projects
- Some experience with research and analytics tools, primarily Google Analytics
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Lunch catering
- Fully loaded snacks in the kitchen
- And more!